Monday, April 02, 2012

Day #2- Quotation Inspiration

Day #2- Quotation Inspiration


A simple saying. Powerful though.

I do over think things. Sometimes to the point that I am doubting my own decisions that I either already made or that I need to make. Like where diet and exercise are concerned... I think to myself and imagine in my head how I'm going to be doing certain exercises, eating certain foods and being overall happy. Thinking is way easier than actually doing. Like the other saying "easier said than done."

And, actually, I was over thinking how to do this post, LOL! I came up with another great quote though that is extremely powerful when you think about it:
And yes, it really has a lot to do with what you think. It's a challenge for some people though to think before they speak, and when you think about the meaning of Mr. Krabs wise words (which I'm sure he copied from someone else somewhere cause he didn't want to think) you will know that thinking and expressing what you think without words CAN be very powerful.

Wow, I'm sure that by the end of this post you will have counted the word "think" too many times :o)

When I was younger I was always the quiet bookworm that just happened to enjoy music, therefore turned into a bookworm band nerd... But my one fault was that I never thought about what I would say before actually saying it. That fault of mine would get me into trouble sometimes. I remember back in elementary school, I had been invited to play softball with some other 4th graders that I had previously had problems with. I was so excited that they had said that they wanted to try and be a friend and were supposedly sorry for causing problems with me. After a few days, I overheard one boy telling another that he was not going to allow a certain person to play because of something he did or had said before. Well, when we went out for lunch recess, I ended up walking with that particular kid, and I told him that so and so had said he couldn't play. Well, that turned into a right mess. Everyone got mad at me, calling me a tattle tale, liar, stupid (you name it, they said it), and then they kicked ME off the team.  I remember distinctly saying to the one boy in particular that started everything "But I thought you said..."

That right there was my downfall for a number of years. Some kids said I thought too much, LOL! Well, let me tell you right now, if Mr. Krabs had been around when I was in elementary school and had told me "it's not always what you say that matters. Sometimes, it's what you don't say." then I know things would have been different. I THOUGHT I had been doing this "poor" kid a favor by telling him what the other boys had said.

Now, I know that I think too much. And that first saying "I over think things" is VERY accurate. Going back to this diet and exercise thing: thinking is not the same as doing.  I see an idea for a recipe and I think "Oh, that looks good. I will try it."  Who knows how much later and you ask me how was that dish, and I'll have to think about it then truthfully say "I haven't made it yet. I think I will do that tomorrow"  Or, when I read about a particular exercise routine I'll think that's cool as well, and make a mental note to try it out, but do I actually put thoughts into actions?? Nope. Not one iota of my thoughts make it past the thought stage. Ok, I lied, some do, but the more important ones don't. Important ones such as calling a doctor and making an appointment to have my moles checked, or sending in an application for a job.

And then when I think about what it is I have to do, I start worrying. Worrying is the "what-if" stage of thinking. Your thoughts always start with "what if this happens?" or "what if I don't get that job?" Then I start fretting, which is the "OMG what the hell am I going to do about all my problems" stage of thinking.  Then all that fretting and worrying can sometimes overlap and actually happen at the same time... by that time you start to become depressed. Some people even become bi-polar or even as bad as schizophrenic!

When you get to THAT point in your life, you may want to actually STOP thinking for a while.

Strangely enough, my thoughts wandered a bit during my preparation of this blog post. Did I over think what I was going to do??? Sometimes what I think never even hits paper, or my fingers to be typed, or my mouth to be said. They just stay in my head and drive me absolutely bonkers.

Which is happening right now. I am getting distracted and my thoughts are heading elsewhere. Maybe because it is after midnight and I am getting tired.

So just remember the wise words of Mr. Krabs "It's not always what you say that matters. Sometimes, it's what you don't say."  I will leave you to your own thoughts to mull that one over! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment