Monday, April 03, 2006

Drug Dangers

Well, we are slowly finding out about how prescription drugs are doing us more harm than good. Especially when it comes to a subject such as pain killers and arthritis medication. I encountered a great warning from a friend regarding Vioxx. What I didn't know about Vioxx is that there are lawsuits against the maker of the arthritis drug. My friend knows someone who is a lawsuit participant and wrote on her blog about a very serious situation with the Vioxx lawsuit. This information astounded me, as I used to take Vioxx myself, as well as my own mother. We didn't experience any problems with it, in fact I started sleeping through the night for the first time when I took it. Alas, I only had it for three months, then I was unable to afford a refill of the prescription. My mother was put on it about six months before the scandal broke loose, and was immediately taken off of Vioxx and put on something else. Now the real issue here is whether or not the other prescription drugs may have the same effects as Vioxx did. I was really concerned about it when I heard everything. So for myself, I have found a great, safer alternative to Vioxx, which includes natural ingredients, no chemicals, and works the same as Vioxx did! No more back pain for me. But getting my mother to accept something that is not prescribed by her doctor is impossible. Oh well. So remember, taking prescription drugs can be more dangerous for your health than you think. Just take a look at what happened to Vioxx, (click on the link above) and you will want to do what I did, find something more natural and effective, without the side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment