Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Starting my transformation in ... 3.... 2....1...

Today is Day 1 of my total transformation.

I'm starting a new lifestyle. I'm going to eat better, workout more, and shed a ton of weight!

What will I do to accomplish all this, you ask?

 Start with the Beachbody 21 day Fix.

I've got my blender bottle, my Shakeology, my meal planner, my portion containers, and my workout dvds.

I'm ready to get healthier, build muscle and stamina, and keep up with my kids!

So, yesterday I took my measurements, weighed in, and took my before pix.
My beginning weight is 208.4 lbs. I'm really taking a step out of my comfort zone by sharing this picture!! But you know, it's part of the accountability!!  The more I share, the more I will be motivating myself to do better! :)

So my daily routine consists of eating from the following containers: 5 green, 3 purple, 5 red, 4 yellow, 1 each of blue and orange, and 5 teaspoons. Those teaspoons can be any of the nut or seed butters (peanut, almond, cashew, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, tahini), EVOO, EVCO (that's extra virgin coconut oil if you didn't know), walnut oils, pumpkin seed oil, flaxseed oil.  The Shakeology shakes are considered 1 red, plus whatever you add to them, such as fruits or peanut butter. 

This is an example of one purple container. I can add this to my ShakeO, or eat it by itself (which is what I did today).

AAAAANNNNNDDDDDD THIS is my Shake! I combined a cup of cold coffee with my chocolate shake mix to make a mocha!! It was yummy! This was 1.5 of my red containers for the day because I added just a little extra to it... so I'm down to two more reds to actually eat from out of my 5.  There are literally thousands of shake recipes to choose from!! I'm going to also buy a new blender just for my shakes, so I don't have to compete with my family and our enormous blender. :)

My breakfast was 1 orange, 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1.5 reds. I had a snack of the 1 purple. Then I had the shake which was the 1.5 reds, I need to have a least half of the amount of greens at one point still, plus the remaining purple I'm going to be eating in a few minutes as a snack at a meeting. I think I'm going to be ok!! :)

The next step is to incorporate a workout from the 21 day Fix program. Tonight's workout is going to be the upper body. I need to go buy some resistance bands and a yoga mat still, but I'm determined to get this done!! 

Stay tuned to my next posts as I update you on my journey to a better, healthier me!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment