Saturday, February 09, 2013

Anyone challenging themselves to loose weight?

How are you doing with your challenge?

When did you start?

What are your goals?

What are you doing to reach your goal?

Yes, I am asking a lot of questions, but you need to push yourself sometimes and ask a lot of questions to make sure you are actually doing the things you need to be to accomplish your goal.  In the words of Jim Rohn:

But you can also DO something about that, instead of just wishing. :o)

Challenge yourself to:
  •  walk more, 
  • buy one less latte or mocha a week, 
  • eat an apple instead of that donut that taunts you just one time a week, 
  • take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator,
  • don't eat late at night (after 9pm),
  • create a rainbow on your dinner plate once a week,
  • dance while you are vacumming or washing dishes,
  • drink more water,
  • go to bed early...
What else can you come up with to challenge yourself? ;o)  Comment with what you are doing!

I have been taking a 5 mile walk every Sunday with a few friends, up and down a very hilly street in town. I have also cut down on how much coffee and sodas I drink (again, lol) and replaced a few of those drinks with water. The hardest for me is to try and not eat the turnovers at work. I have been watching my calories as much as I can, which is hard for me becasue I do not EVER count calories... it's a lifestyle change, and I have done it before, and I can do it again. Motivation is the key, and determination, and willpower!  For me personally, I have more to gain from making these changes in my lifestyle- not only will I improve my health, but I will be able to show my kids that being healthy is the right way to live. Mentally, I will be more satisfied with myself as a person, and be more positive.

Whatever you are doing, I hope that becoming a happier person overall is one of your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment