Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm cutting out refined sugar!

Here's why: I think I have discovered the reason for one of my problems. Every once in a while I've been getting outbreaks of the fungus that I got after my heavy antibiotic treatments in April from that staph infection. I think I have had about three outbreaks since the first one in May. I have been drinking tons of green tea even before my infection, and tons more lately, with sugar and honey. But I've been using the sugar in the raw for my tea and local honey. Well, I decided to buy another 1/4 lb of tea to make at home, to try and save some money. Three days later, I am now getting another outbreak on my fingers. I realized today that the refined sugar I've been putting into my tea is the culprit. That is the only thing that I have changed in my daily tea drinking routine, actually in my total daily eating habits, since buying my bulk green tea. I was warned a month ago that the fungi thrive on sugar, when I complained about the last breakout I had. I didn't see it then, but I do see it now. The last breakout was under the same circumstances. So BUH-BYE REFINED SUGAR!!! I'm looking for either xylitol or sugar in the raw to use from now on.

I highly reccomend that if you have ever had a skin allergy or other skin problem, that you find out whether or not it is a food reaction. It very well may be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment