Tuesday, February 21, 2006

This is another great source of information!!

This is another great source of information!! I subscribe to this newsletter, and I love the information that my friend Wendy has! Here is a copy of the latest newsletter:


ASK YAK
Wendy: Yak's Healthy Lifestyles

Every now and again I am asked questions by my readers. I encourage this because if one person has a question or concern I just know that there are more women out there with the same or similar question.

QUESTION:

How do I know if I am wanting to eat out of hunger or boredom?

ANSWER:

As far as physical hunger, that occurs if you are doing some vigorous work, or if you havn't eaten for 3-4 hours. Other than that, you are more than likely wanting to eat due to boredom or stress. Fill those times with fruit and veggies only and as much as you like. You will be giving your body nutrients that will give you long lasting energy. You can also fill those times in with some of the gifts and talents God has blessed you with. What is it that turns your crank? Is it writing, painting, you and God can fill in that blank. I do want to add one thing here about water. If you are feeling tired, you may be a little dehydrated. Drink a glass of water or two and you'll feel a little more energetic.

QUESTION:

I know I need to slow down when I eat. My parents were always in a hurry to finish dinner when I was younger. This is a habit I need to break. How do I relax and slow down on eating and give my body time to feel full so that I don’t end up eating too much?

ANSWER:

Half the battle is knowing what your problem is. Which you do. I’m sure most of you have heard of chewing each bite 25 times, try it because it works. Also, only put a reasonable amount of food on your plate and eat only that. If you’re still hungry have seconds of your salad or grab a piece of fruit or two in place of a second helping of your meal.

If you have any questions please Ask Yak and see your question answered in the next issue.


WendyYak’sPersonal Trainer/Lifestyle Coach
http://www.yakattack.myeweb.net/

Areas of expertise: fitness, nutrition, marriage, family issues, pms, de-cluttering home and life.


If you are interested in receiving these newsletters too, visit my friend Wendy's site as listed above. It's a great site, and full of great information!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment