Sunday, February 19, 2006

My Weight Loss Journey Update

Wow, I feel better now than I have in a long time!! The energy level I have now is amazing. So I started going to Curves November 28, 2005. I weighed in at 185lbs!! My doctor said that I was close to 50lbs overweight- that weigh in proved that I was 60lbs overweight(picture me crying). Between 11/28/05 and 1/11/06 I lost 4 lbs. Weigh in on 1/11, down to 181lbs. Not bad for getting a cold and not working out for two weeks straight. The 12 week challenge started 1/16/06, and I started becoming more serious about loosing weight and eating better. I eat more protein, less sugary foods, more fruit and yogurt, and walk everywhere if I can instead of driving. That combined with Curves has worked so far. Month one weigh in was Wednesday, 2/15/06. Down to 177lbs!! Five more lbs lost between 1/11 and 2/15!! And I got sick again, this time with the flu, and missed one week of workout. 9 down and 51 more to go!! Do you think that I can make it to at least 150 by April? We'll see!

In the Febuary 20 issue of US magazine, they investigated how much celebrities weighed. Also published was a chart for you to find what your healthy weight should be based on your height. I'm 5'3". So according to this chart I should weigh anywhere between 107 and 135 lbs. The ideal weight for someone at 5'3" height is 113lbs. I think that depends on your bone structure also. My weight goal is 125 or 130.

I also feel that the supplements that I am taking are helping me to succeed. What I am taking is called Daily for Life, from Melaleuca. They come in convenient AM/PM packets, which I love. Each packet contains 9 vitamins; the AM packet contains 2 Vitality for Women (multi vitamin and minerals), 2 Vitality Mineral Complex (time-release formula with a 1,000mg blend of calcium sources), 1 Cell Wise (broad-spectrum antioxidant derived from whole foods), and 4 ProvexCV (flavonoid to help prevent LDL oxidation). PM packet has 1 Vitality for Women, 1 Vitamin Mineral Complex, 1 Cell Wise, 1 Florify (to fortify and detoxify gatrointestinal tract with healthy probiotics), and 4 Phytomega (the only heart supplement with Omega3 fatty acids and phytosterols). Of course, I do tend to forget to take both of them daily, but I do take at least one packet a day. Which reminds me...

Another thing that I am using to help loose weight is another awesome Melaleuca product. It's called the Access bar, which is a fat conversion activity bar. One bar has 150 calories, and I only eat one before I go to Curves. It has been tested and proved to enhance fat metabolism, minimize muscle fatigue, and maximize endurance. I can attest to endurance and fatigue- the first week I went to Curves, I felt completely wiped out after the first ten minutes of exercise. By the evening I felt sore from exercising. I remembered that I had some Access bars at home, and decided to try them out the second week. What a difference!! I did not get tired at all, in fact I wanted to keep going past the 30 minutes! And I did not get any muscle cramps at all or soreness. So now I make sure I eat one on my way to Curves. They come in four incredibly mouth watering flavors, but my favorite is the mint chocolate. Peanut butter is not bad at all either.

I think I may have mentioned this before... supplementing with vitamins comes highly reccomended. But it is not for everyone. Taking supplements is completely dependent on your eating and exercise habits. I have to supplement, because I have never eaten properly, and I am at risk for osteoporisis and a few other things. So my doctor said that I can keep using what I am using, and keep up the exercise. I see this everywhere, on all supplements no matter what company you buy them from: " These statments have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult your doctor before using this product." There may be too much of one ingredient in a supplement and your doctor may say that you shouldn't have so much. Its better to be on the safe side than cause yourself more harm than good.

No comments:

Post a Comment